Well, 2012 has been another busy year. The Communication Link team have worked on a number of great projects and had some wonderful successes. We have been a part of some challenging community consultations and helped shape guidelines for community consultation activities across Canberra’s construction community. We continue to be part of several clients internal communications and change management journeys and welcome the opportunity to help these important local organisations build a strong future. We have run two award programs and seen some wonderfully deserving winners gain recognition. We have continued to provide media management services and particularly love the wide range of eclectic media events hosted by Engineers Australia from Hall of Fame Inductees to heritage listed sewer pipes!
We have welcomed a new staff member while waving goodbye to another as he set off on an overseas adventure.
Throughout the year, The Communication Link team even managed the occasional break, including the family and I enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes of Thailand.
As we look forward to 2013, we have many exciting projects underway but as always we are also anticipating the opportunities that we don’t know about yet. What the next email or phone call or knock on the door will bring.
Networking at The Communication Link
The Communication Link has always taken networking seriously – because it is just so much fun! This year we hosted great networking events with guest speakers that included Liz Clarke, Manager Exhibition Park in Canberra and CMDRE Donna Muller of the Australian Navy – both these women had truly inspiring stories about career progression and managing life, kids and work.
The Communication Link continues to strive to be very family orientated balancing our i-phones with the joys of school assemblies!
Highlights this year:
- Helping to bring in a new era in water and sewerage management with the launch of ACTEW Water.
- Supporting Australian Engineering Week – part of our annual calendar for the past seven years.
- Ending the year on a high with over 200 people to the Hands Across Canberra Lunch and nearly 450 people at the Communities@Work Children’s Service Gala Awards Dinner, both events happening within a day of each other.
- Supporting the ACT Government on a range of community consultation projects.
- Celebrating the year with The Communication Link team at the fundraising Snowy Hydro Southcare Helicopter Christmas Gala Dinner.
Next year we are looking forward to:
- The Centenary of Canberra – what a great program of events!
- Publishing a Centenary of Canberra Engineering book – call us to learn more
- Working with the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
- Continuing to provide communications support to our friends at ACTEW Water
- Delivering Science Passport study camps with the Australian Global School
- Pitching for Canberra firms to achieve national acclaim in the Australian Engineering Awards and the Australian Export Awards
Thank you for your support in 2012. We wish you and your family a happy and safe holiday season and look forward to seeing you again in 2013.
Helen, Adam, Kerri, Ellen, Leonie and Belinda
elebrating the year with The Communication Link team at the fundraising Snowy Hydro Southcare Helicopter Christmas